The Gorgeous Peeps


Saturday, May 21, 2011

MILANI Baked Blush in Corallina

If you wanna save your wallet from unplanned and unnecessary purchases, I suggest you stay away from GirlTalk (a forum on beauty stuff and what-nots) Bwahahaha! 

As usual, I admit of having the skill in convincing others to purchase nice stuff ive tried, but on the other hand I am also easily swayed by nice reviews on beauty stuff made by fellow bloggers.

I broke out from the Milani Blushes that ive tried before (the ones from the regular line), but that didnt prevent me from wanting to try the highly-raved Baked Blushes that Milani recently launched. Ive always been curious to try drugstore makeup that makes dupes for expensive brands, these baked blushes I suppose are dupes for MAC Mineralize Blushes. 

So the curious cosmetic hag in me got Luminoso (who's with mom already) and Corallina which im gonna review and do a comparison in a bit.  


Here's how the Baked Blushes look like 

Milani website says : 

Its a luxurious powder blush that features a mélange infusion of colors baked on Italian terracotta tiles. Easy to use, sensorial in texture, the nuances of color become extraordinarily luminous. Silky smooth application leaves your face looking healthy and radiant all day.



The blush is housed in a gold compact, chrome-finish on top and matte gold on the bottom part. Packaging looks classy for a drugstore brand, the compact reminds me of Jane Iredale cosmetics because of the color and texture of the casing.

Compact has 2 layers


First layer contains the blush pan and underneath the blush pan is the mirror and the brush compartment. 

Is it just me or would it be more convenient if the mirror and the blush pan are on the same layer? So that theres no need to flip it over and over until youre done building the intensity of the blush? 




The color is indeed a melange of gorgeous shades of pink and coral with silver and gold veining. For a drugstore brand, this product is superb, not saying it can be a good dupe for MAC items but this product is good as it is. The texture of the powder is lovely, blends easily, but just like any other baked makeups out there, these are delicate, so be careful not to drop this or it would easily break. 

I also wanna squeeze this little comparison of Milani Corallina vs Rome from CARGO
The first time I saw Corallina, I immediately grabbed my blush box and checked if the color's indeed similar to  CARGO Rome. I was right. 


If not for the gold and silver veining of Corallina, theyd be shade twins! 


on this swatch, Rome looks darker, but in actual, the only difference i see between these two is the chunky silver specks and that Corallina has.

So if you love Corallina but hate the chunky shimmer, then Rome would be the perfect blush for you, its more expensive, but the pan contains a lot of product.






taken from the Milani website : 

Glide brush through color and lightly tap off excess powder.  Lightly apply to cheeks, forehead, chin and/or nose and blend well for a sun- kissed look.  To use wet (only for shimmer shades), lightly put water on brush and glide brush through color, then apply to cheeks, forehead, chin and/or nose.



This wouldnt prolly apply for all Milani Baked Blushes because Luminoso has a chalkier texture and I assume it has less staying power than this one. Corallina last about 3-4 hours on me, indoors and inside an airconditioned room. After 3-4 hours, color would still be visible but would already need a little retouching. 



No breakouts. Skin loves Milani Baked Blushes. 



I wouldnt say back-up worthy since a pan would last me long, but I definitely wanna try 2 more shades :





24months it says on the bottom of the compact. 




These sell for $8.00 each plus tax. Selling price here in the Philippines varies on the reseller or the one conducting the pre-order, usually Php 480.00-550.00 each.


Local Resellers/Pre-Orders. 
Most Drugstores in the U.S. 


1 comment:

  1. Nice! i really want to buy Milani Products.
    I wish we had it here locally!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading whats inside the Pink Thought Bubble ©

My readers inspire me to write better, would love to hear your questions & suggestions. Feel free to drop a comment.

Peace and Love!!
Dee (BabyJapRN)