The Gorgeous Peeps


Wednesday, May 25, 2011

STiLA One-Step Makeup Foundation



I was just browsing eBay Philippines when I saw a listing for this product, I got curious because Im kinda lazy to do my makeup lately thats why upon reading that this product is multi-purpose, I immediately bought it. Not to mention the cheapie price tag too which wouldnt hurt my pocket at all. 

This product is the solution for those who doesnt wanna wear or doesnt like the heavy feel of foundies with the kind of weather we have now in the Philippines.

With temperatures that reach 35C who would want to wear makeup that would just add up to the discomfort of the scorching heat? 




The product comes in an Airless Pump Bottle which I find neat than those open-necked bottles that you have to pour and the chances of pouring out more than what you actually need will be avoided. 


Airless pump bottles use a vacuum mechanism and has a small disc of plastic at the base of the bottle that rises up each time you pump the bottle, thus makes dispensing the product efficient and hygienic. 


I love that the bottle dispenses a little product for each pump. 


Shade label is actually at the bottom of the bottle, but I took the sticker off and placed it on top of the cap 


Im an NC25 and I use Shade 03 Tone by the way. 



What the Stila Website says about this product : 

Primer, foundation, concealer and powder all in one easy step! This skin-loving formula combines the benefits of four complexion-perfecting products with 100% mineral pigments to deliver one high performance, high definition, long wearing, luxurious formula. The medium coverage foundation is buildable and blendable and leaves skin looking flawless.

One Step Makeup is energized with Stila's Youth Revival Bio-available Mineral Complex - 15 ionically charged minerals that read and react to all your skins needs.

- Diminishes the look of fine lines and wrinkles
- Minimized pores
- Controls oil
- Hydrates & balances
- High definition
- Long wearing
- 100% natural mineral pigments
- Paraben & fragrance free
- Perfect for all skin types.

My take : 

Stila One-Step Makeup Foundie has this mousse-like, whipped consistency. The formula is very light and it blends like a dream. 

Just like any other foundies out there, you would need to use a moisturizer before using this to prevent it from accentuating dry patches on your face. 

It offers light to medium coverage, people who doesnt need to cover that much blemishes will surely love this. 

With the kind of weather here in the Philippines now -- Scorching hot in the afternoon and cold at night, this product is perfect. Lightweight, no heavy and sticky feeling and it keeps oilies at bay, I just look a little dewy after a few hours of wearing this. 

It doesnt have SPF (no white cast on pictures) though which I dont really mind since I still use sunscreen even for foundies that have SPF already. 

*Product is Available in 7 Shades by the way







dimethicone, water (aqua), isododecane, hydrogenated didecene, dimethicone crosspolymer, silica, tribehenin, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, disteardimonium hectorite, silica dimethyl silylate, phenoxyethanol, tropolone, methicone, sodium dehydroacetate, disodium edta, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, kaolin, malachite extract, illite, montmorillonite, smithsonite may contain (+/-) titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)


I personally use a foundation brush to spread the product all over my face, I dont use sponges to apply this as the sponge tends to eat up all the foundie even if i moisten the sponge. 

Stila Says : 

- Press the formula into the skin instead of rubbing for a flawless finish that lasts all day.

- Apply One Step Foundation to hydrated skin for best results.

- One Step can be used as a concealer under the eyes. For best results, dab a little Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer under the eye area first to brighten.

- Mix One Step with hydrating foundation for a more hydrated finish. 
- The formula is buildable. Layer it in areas where more coverage is needed.



Lasts a good 4 to 5 hours on me. 


Skin loves this product. 


Apart from the bottle that I took pictures of, I still have 2 unopened bottles of this product. 


12-18months most probably. Or keep until its still good to use. :) 


I got it for just Php850.00 ($19.00) Free Shipping  
but the SRP from the Stila Website is $44.00 (currently $22.00 coz its on sale) 


Im not sure if you can find this on local Stila Counters in Rustans


I just love this foundie. And I just love that I was able to score it for a fraction of the actual cost. 

Tried this foundie? What can you say about it? 


Happy Cool and Rainy Wednesday Afternoon Everyone! 


0 splendid c✿mments!!:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading whats inside the Pink Thought Bubble ©

My readers inspire me to write better, would love to hear your questions & suggestions. Feel free to drop a comment.

Peace and Love!!
Dee (BabyJapRN)